How You Can Help
Learn more about the issues facing your GLBTQ friends and neighbors.
Support training programs and workshops that share information and increase understanding and sensitivity.
Watch your language and learn ways to have a conversation that can be helpful. When in doubt, ask for guidance. For example, we try to point out that being gay is not a “life style” choice. It isn’t a choice. It isn’t a “life style.” It is life.
When appropriate, quietly talk to friends and co-workers about homophobic remarks and comments. These conversations often work best in private. Rehearse a little in your head. The goal is not to be angry or judgmental (people don’t hear us then) but to establish some boundaries.
- Join Skagit PFLAG
- Individual membership: $30.00
- Household membership: $40.00
- Student or low income: $15.00
- Make a donation either in general or for a specific use such as:
- Support the youth group: $20.00 per month
- Support the website: $35.00 per year (Domain Name); $11.95 a month (Web-Hosting)
- Support a training session for area counselors, educators, and community members: $500.00 per session
We have been fortunate to receive grants and some resources from former Skagit County residents who appreciate our efforts to make the valley a place for gay youth to grow in safety and support and for current residents to live their lives free to be themselves.
For more information regarding ways to help, contact us through our e-mail address or call 360-856-4676 and leave a message.
Celebrating our families, our values and our diversity!
PFLAG is a tax-exempt, non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization not affiliated with any political or religious institution.